Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Destination: Camarines Norte 2nd Travel Part 2: Calaguas

Leaving port

After leaving Bagasbas beach, I am going to another one. Packing only the necessary things I only need as light as possible. I am going to Calaguas Island. During my previous trip to Camarines Norte, I was not able to go there due to the stormy rains. Three media were represented. Along with Benjamin Layug, the travel writer of Business Mirror for the newspaper media, who invited me for this trip along with Atty. Debbee Francisco and the rest of the Camarines Norte Tourism, are the people of Pakyaw.com.ph and the TV news crew of TV5 while I represent the online media.
Ahoy, Calaguas

We left for the port at Vinzons to get a boat ride to Calaguas. Calaguas Island is considered the raw island version of Boracay. Boracay is already established with many resort establishments while Calaguas is quite the opposite. If you want to know what Boracay looks like before, go to Calaguas.

Atty. Debbee arranged the ride in Vinzons because it is shorter distance in travel to Calaguas by water compared to any part of Camarines Norte. It only took about twenty minutes the boat ride. When the island was within sight range, Calaguas’ sands are whiter than what I see in TV about Boracay. Continuing the Calaguas adventure in my next post.
Docking at Calaguas

No comments:

Post a Comment