Monday, October 4, 2010

Show Real Love for Kids with Cancer and Win A Real Love T-Shirt by Team Manila

A fellow during my youth group days named James Auste, had developed two rare type of brain cancer. At first, it started with unexplained aches and joint pains with numerous check ups. Just a month before his 19th birthday, he was already diagnosed with brain cancer and was considered inoperable. It was surprising because James has an active lifestyle. He is always a biker and a mountaineer. He doesn't smoke nor drink not even softdrinks. But he chose to fight on and be the victor not a victim. Then after series of treatments abroad, he was now cancer-free. To James and to many of us who knows him, it was considered a miracle. James also became an advocate for cancer patients. James usually have visits and having dialogue with the cancer patients especially with the parents of children with cancer. James even pioneered Bike For Life, a fund raising campaign for cancer patients. To us, James is an ideal person who can speak about hope after cancer.
Like James, you too can help children with cancer. When you buy this limited edition Real Love shirt by Team Manila, you will be supporting children with cancer through Kythe, a foundation advocating this cause.. You are not just buying a shirt but also you help out to the needs of the kids with cancer.



I am sure you want this shirt badly. I will be giving away one shirt for free. All you have to do is reply here with your full name, e-mail address and complete this sentence: " I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by______." and go to the Real Love Campaign and show support by clicking like. Real Love Campaign is a joint initiative by Unilever and Team Manila to support Kythe Foundation so please help spread the word as we aim to have 10,000 likes for support. Make sure your name is also listed as a fan in Kythe's Facebook page. In addition, if you are one of my listed followers, I will also give away a limited edition Chikka cup for the winning follower. Be creative with your answers so impress me with your entries. Limit to one person per entry. This is a campaign endorsed by Ms. Janette Toral of DigitalFilipino.com Her campaign can also be seen at her post: http://www.influentialblogger.net/2010/09/showing-real-love-for-children-with.html

Last day or cut off will be on October 11, 2010 at exactly 12MN for accepting entries. Contest is only within Philippine territory.

15 comments:

  1. Hey Vinnie,

    You know my full name na di ba. ;P My email address for this is haruka173@gmail.com.

    Anyway, to answer the question, I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by spending a weekend with them whenever my time permits, and by supporting all research endeavours related to it. Cancer is an advocacy dear to my heart because I've got so many relatives who died of it in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by volunteering my time and other resources to them whenever possible. I also maintain an active Ning community, the members of which has expressed interest in volunteering for Kythe and making donations.

    Veronica Mandigma
    nica.mandigma@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by raising awareness about cancer especially with my loved ones. Having lost an uncle to cancer I know that it isn't easy to deal with it. If I could get the chance to make a difference in anyone dealing with the same situation, I would certainly try to make time for them. It would be nice if I could get to volunteer for Kythe and their Child Life Program because I enjoy doing the same for students at Church "

    Aimee Alibudbud
    Aimee_Alibudbud@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by being their friend. Having cancer is tough and I'm sure that they need a friend right now.
    Leira Pagaspas admin@pagaspas.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. “I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by VOLUNTEERING, because it gives me an opportunity to change lives, including my own. If I’d like to support a cause but can’t afford to donate money, I can donate my time instead. I will show my love, my emotional caring and support to give the kid a secure base from which to explore the world, I will pray for them for their healing. Children fighting for their lives have very little to smile about. Sending words of encouragement and support to a cancer patient of any age can make a difference in their life, and have a beneficial effect on their recovery.”

    AIDA VILLANUEVA
    slither_keen1004@yahoo.com

    Joined the Real love campaign!
    Kepp on spreading the love guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by supporting bloggers like you that inform the rest of us who have no time to get informed by ourselves. it is thru the spread of information that we can battle any disease.

    my email...hathor2@hathor2.tk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by buying the tshirt for my son and teaching awareness campaigns of Kythe to my students!!!
    bonsoljosephine@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by making a change within myself. I've always been inspired by Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror and the message is so clear that if we want to help others, we must also learn to help ourselves change. Let me just quote "No message could have been any clearer, if you wanna make a better world, take a look at yourself and make that change".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your answer,Food. Please write your full name and e-mail address as a requirement for your entry. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Ryan Joson-Vargas hehehe.. email is foodbanquet at gmail dot com thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by being an inspiration to them and other people as well. I will share the Real Love campaign to everyone. I will keep on praying for the success of the Real Love campaign, that more donors and volunteers will open themselves to this cause.

    I would initially be a PhP100 Miracle Worker! I would also take time to listen to the kids' hearts and hold their hands. I'll read with them stories filled with acceptance, hope and happy endings.

    Czaroma Roman
    cza [dot] roman [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will share my love to the kids of Kythe by: first praying for their healing as you said "it was considered a miracle" to happen, believing that there is nothing impossible for God. Second Praying and encouraging in building their hope, that they will choose to fight, and to seek that victory as you said "But he chose to fight on and be the victor not a victim." .. To extend my hand to any help that I can do for them, like volunteering, teaching values, etc. and the most important thing is to LOVE, make them know that they are loved, just like what Jesus did. Godbless you!!

    Al Ivan Lamboloto, redblack_19@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again sir!

    Keep spreading the love guys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to Aida Villanueva for winning the contest. Please continue to promote the Real Love FB page as we target to have 10K likes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete