Friday, October 7, 2011

Visit Daet 2012

Earlier this year, I’ve been going to Camarines Norte on two occasions. First, was the quadricentennial celebration of the three churches and the surfing season. Even though I am not a Daeteño, I am fond of the place and I feel obligated to promote their campaign for the biggest homecoming event in history of Daet: Visit Daet 2012.
Daet Mayor Tito Sarion

Daet was the main focus of the road show held at the opening day, October 6, 2011, of Gayon Bicol Trade and Tourism Fair at Megatrade Hall 2. We were shown the some TV clips of Bagasbas beach during the kite surfing festival. Daet Mayor Tito Sarion updates about the developments Daet is having. Tourism is already established to boost Daet to have more visitors from local and abroad. Daet is drawing tourists especially those who have an extreme lifestyle because of Bagasbas beach’s seasonal surfing events. To most, Bagasbas beach is considered surfer’s haven and the waves are friendly for beginners. I also happen to take basic lessons on surfing here.
Bagasbas surfer

What also draws the tourists especially the local tourists is that the first Rizal monument. Like I wrote about my previous visits at Cam Norte, Daet housed the first monument dedicated to our national hero two years after he was killed. Continuation of Mayor Tito’s update in my next post. Gayon Bicol Trade Fair will until October 9,2011.
First Rizal Monument, Daet, Camarines Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment