Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Movie Review: Charlie St. Cloud

For this post, I will review the movie in a perspective of a moviegoer, not as a person who read the book it was based on. Charlie St. Cloud was based on the book, The Death And Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood. I was first intrigued by the movie because of its trailer but it also look like a rip-off from The Sixth Sense.At first, I thought it was adapted from a Nicholas Sparks novel since it has all the same elements: A quite town, a death, and a love story. I never thought that Zac Efron did well for the title role and I even disassociate him from musicales so there's a potential of him not just a performer but a real actor as well.  The  most obvious expected moviegoers are the women for this type of movie. Charlie St. Cloud opens September 29 in all Philippine cinemas by United International Pictures.

The book

No comments:

Post a Comment