Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Book and Borders Cafe

This digital era brought in E-books and online literary platforms using tablets that you can access anywhere. It also brought in new readers. During my time, it was considered geeky or nerdy to read for past time. Even I was ridiculed because I am the only one in my high school alma mater who reads for leisure.

But if you ask me, I still like to feel the texture of flipping each page of the book. I find that satisfaction of using my imagination because it makes the brain stimulated. What makes Books and Borders Cafe different from any cafe is that it is similar to library and you can eat their yummy dishes and desserts.

The atmosphere is cozy. The house music is soothing to the ears and the couches are pleasant looking and comfortable. Since it is a cafe, it is still customary to order food and drinks. Reading books are complimentary. Just like any library, just pick the book you like to read. Show it to the cashier and and deposit any valid I.D.

There are wide selections in the cafe but since it is still limited, don't expect they have all kinds of books. The selections includes interest books, popular fictions like young adults(e.g. John Green's Fault In Our Stars), fantasy(Tolkien), Bob Ong's and Archie Digests.

Book and Borders also held reading sessions upon schedule just check out their Facebook page. Probably this will be a venue for future book launches. Hope they include some graphic novels in their archives. During the grand launch last July 28, we got a sample reading from Wynwyn Marquez reading an excerpt from 50 Shades Of Grey and Book and Borders Cafe endorser Karylle reading an excerpt from photographer Nigel Barker's book which he personally signed.

Read, Sip, and Dine at Book and Borders Cafe. Located at 281 Tomas Morato, Quezon City. For more updates, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook. I will feature their yummy dishes, desserts and more on my food blog, W.H.A.T. food blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment