Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Always Upon A Time by Trumpets

Once upon a time, I was able to watch Fables and Parables because some of my friends and my cousin attended an acting workshop called Playshop. After their showcase, I was able to see them grew in the acting business.

Years later, this inspires me to write reviews of theatrical productions that I watch. Now, Trumpets is going back to its roots doing their own original story Fables and Parables now entitled, Always Upon A Time.

What do I mean on getting back to the roots? Trumpets is not only concentrated on musicals but also straight plays. It hones the Playshop attendees to become better actors. Always Upon A Time is a revisit to old stories we take for granted like Aesop’s Fables and stories and parables from the Bible.

What I am really looking forward to is The Fisherman and His Wife. It is not a familiar tale but it is a very dominating piece among all the stories. It is longer, visually creative and funny but with lesson to live by as well as the other tales that will be told.

According to director Steven Conde, this is an entirely new production. Even if you already seen Fables and Parables, it will be different. Not because of the new talented cast but because of how it will be presented. Even though the stories are stand alone, it will old be unified.

Another director Joaquin Valdes said that it will also have use of ventriloquism in the production and some of the puppets are made by the cast themselves. It shows how dedicated and flexible are the kids. They juggle with school and theatre at the same time.

I got to meet one of the cast Crystal Paras. She told me how she got into the theatre not because her parents are also theatre actors but because she love to act. I also told her how I love to write about theatre because I have friends who attended Playshop and even performed for Trumpets.

Always Upon A Time is not only entertaining but also educational. It is ideal for schools and families and it would make a good idea for students to be exposed in theatre and get entertained. It will run for two days only with five shows on October 29 and 30 RCBC Theater. You may buy tickets via TIcketworld. Follow this blog for more updates and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment