Do you find yourself in the middle of watching a video when it suddenly stops due to limited internet connectivity? YouTube Offline, which is available in the YouTube app for both Android and iOS phones and tablets, allows you to take your favourite videos offline while you’re on WiFi or a data plan. Once taken offline, these videos will be available for you to enjoy anytime, even when you have low or no internet connectivity on your phone. That’s right—no more buffering wheel!
In order to use YouTube Offline for a particular video, you must first look for the offline icon . The icon is a circle with an arrow pointing down, and looks like this . It’s located on the lower right side of the screen, below the title. Just tap the offline icon and you will be able to save your video offline.
If you have a certain interest, check out the following videos which you can watch with YouTube Offline:
- Workout at home with fitness videos. If you hate hitting the gym or are too lazy to go out to jog, working out at home is a good alternative. All you need are basic training equipment like a yoga mat, your trusty rubber shoes, and a good workout video to guide you.
Check out Isabelle Daza’s home workout and core and plank exercises and don’t forget to take it easy. If you’re looking to take it a notch higher, here’s Jillian Michael’s Shred it with Weights video. Just save these videos offline and you won’t have to worry about lagging videos in the middle of that killer workout.
- Cook using video recipes. Found a delicious recipe to try online but you don’t have the ingredients to cook it at home yet? Save that video offline, hit the grocery store, and come back prepared and inspired to give it a go!
Visit Erwan Heussaff’s YouTube channel and try his Filipino Sweet Spaghetti recipe, perfect for family occasions. For a decadent breakfast recipe, check out Erwan’s collaboration with Tastemade wherein he prepares Matcha Black Sesame Seed Pancakes.
- Master the art of applying makeup. Are you looking for tips on how to effortlessly look beautiful for a date or a fun night out with friends? The makeup video tutorials on YouTube are endless. Save your favorites offline to use for special occasions.
Here’s Nicole Andersson’s Easy Date Night Look video which you can hit and play later. If you’re going for a glammed up look, Bretman Rock’s Full Face Pink Glam Tutorial will save the day.
- Satisfy your inner travel bug with YouTube vlogs. Do you love going on an adventure and trying new activities? If you’re headed for a road trip soon, load up on some travel vlogs from YouTube which you can access while on the road.
If Camiguin is one of the must-visit destinations on your list, have a sneak peek of what’s waiting for you with Laureen Uy’s Camiguin Island video. You can also discover new places to go to by watching Wil Dasovich’s Philippines - Travel Vlogs, a playlist of videos that feature different locations and activities in the country you can try out.
- Learn to play a music instrument. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, there are lots of videos online you can learn from. Check out Zenoshow’s Guitar Tutorials, particularly a tutorial on how to play Jack Johnson's song "Banana Pancakes". You can also learn how to play the popular Filipino song “Ang Huling El Bimbo” by The Eraserheads in this tutorial. Zeno will teach you the chords first before going through the entire song, making learning to play the guitar fun and easy. Just save the videos so you can watch it for the next 48 hours!
Whatever interests and passions you may have, YouTube has you covered -- from do-it-yourself videos to vlogs and recipes. With YouTube Offline, you’re sure to have access to the videos that fuel your interests. All you have to do is to tap that offline icon and you’re good to go!