Friday, February 12, 2016

Red Turnip's Season Ender Constellations

Have you ever wondered if you think different decisions on what you said or done? Will it make your life better or make it worse? This is what Red Turnips is going to stage in their latest production of Constellations by Nick Payne.

The story centered with only two characters. A boy and a girl. They met and fell in love. After that, there are multiple scenarios that you won't expect. It may appear the conversation is repeated but it will be different.

It reminded me of Choose Your Own Adventure books series that I enjoyed during my high school days. The sudden shift of scenarios may be confusing if you try connect it. To understand what is happening, you only need to be a spectator and relax while watching.

Although it has the element of metaphysics whether you believe in the multiverse or not, this is not a sci-fi story. It is not a story about relationships, but also choices and destiny. For example, it made me think that if I was still involve in my previous relationship, will I be happy like I am now?

If you don't have any idea what I am talking about when I mention multiverses, I suggest you watch Sliders, Fringe or the latest season of CW's Flash. For more features about stage productions, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

Cris Villonco and JC Santos are the two performers and it is directed by Rem Zamora.

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." - Paulo Coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment