Sunday, March 1, 2015

Earth Hour 2015 #UseYourPower

I got to experience my first Earth Hour in SM Mall of Asia and another year in Ayala Triangle.  I do recall that the mall is still in operation even though it was dark all over the premises. Every year since then, my home participated in Earth Hour.
Earth Hour Philippines 2012 in Ayala Triangle

I was wondering how can one hour without using light can make a difference. It will not just make your bills cost less but it will make an awareness known.
Writing commitments for Earth Hour

During the presscon for Earth Hour here in the Philippines, it was announced that it will be held in Quezon City Circle this year. It is a good thing to set this year's Earth Hour Philippines in the Northern area of the Metro. Quezon City is the biggest area in Metro Manila so expect that more people will be going.

It was only during the Earth Hour presscon that I learn that having this event is just a start. The next step is to carry the message to other people and do your part. Last year, Earth Hour had its first comic book superhero ambassador not because Spider-Man has a movie, it shows that anyone can do major things to help the environment.

The tagline for Earth Hour is "#UseYourPower". As I said in my previous blog post, I am using my power to influence people using my blog and spread the message. Join me at Quezon City Circle or at any participating city across the planet to celebrate our concern for Mother Earth. Come in your most comfortable and colorful sporty attire because this year's Earth Hour Philippines will be different. Mark the date. March 28 from 8:30-9:30 PM.

Earth Hour is a major yearly event initiated by WWF. For more updates, join this blog's followers or like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment