Saturday, November 14, 2009

Victims Or Victors

It's been over a month and I'm glad that people are trying to recover from the nightmare that was Ondoy. I may experience the trauma of some people I know or the tragedy of what people experienced, but all of us wre affected. I was reminded of Nehemiah's words, "Let us rise up and build." I also parallel our Ondoy experience to a scene in Rocky 2 where 2 equals Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed were exchanging punches but both weren't able to knocked each other out till both got tired and fell. As both rivals were flat on the ring, the referee is already counting to declare a draw. Rocky's coach was shouting for him to get up. As the time draws near, Rocky got up and was declared a winner. We too can rise from our ashes like phoenix. It's only up to us. Should we remain victims or be victors.

No comments:

Post a Comment