When it comes to celebrating Christmas, we Filipinos are considered celebrating it the longest. Mall stores are already stocking up supplies like Christmas decors on the start of the BER months. Supermarkets are beginning to sell seasonal products like Quezo de Bola and Christmas Hams.
What are the usual problems the commuters encounter during the Holiday Rush?
- · Heavy traffic on the roads. The volume of vehicles increases within commercial establishments.
- · Parking space. Most of the mall’s parking areas are not sufficient during the Holiday Rush because of the volume of shoppers.
- · Limited taxi cabs and jeepneys at the mall’s terminal bay to accommodate the Holiday shoppers.
- · Long queue in the transport terminal.
- · Taxi cab drivers are demanding a fixed or contracted rate instead of the metered fare.
Here are some suggestions for the Holiday Rush:
- · Set your shopping during work hours (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM). There are less shoppers during this time of the day.
- · Avoid the evening rush hour. You will have longer time in road traffic. Probably longer than your time in shopping.
- · Canvass the things you need to buy ahead of time.
- · Plan your shopping itinerary ahead of time. You must already have a list of things to buy and where to buy it. It will cost less time deciding on the spot.
- · Make extra time for parking. Sometimes, most of the shoppers take one hour to look for parking spaces because most slots are already taken.
- · In case you can’t pick a ride from the long queue in the transport terminal, you may arrange a family member or a friend who can pick you up after shopping.
- · You can book a ride from a transport app.
- · Another option to buy the items you failed to get when you did your first shopping is on the day of Christmas Eve. Shoppers only buy during this day for last minute shopping. By this time, majority are already at home or in their hometown.
- · For buying gifts, you can also buy at shopping sites. These sites offer delivery service. It will be less burden to look for one.
However you celebrate the Holiday Season, it is best to celebrate it in humility as long as we are with our love ones. May your Holidays be meaningful and with glad tidings!