Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Ayala brings the Sparkle In The City once again to open the holiday season

Ever since I was a kid, my mom always take me to Ayala avenue to see the different buildings with Christmas lighting decoration in it's long stretch. It is always the same tradition that I still see during the holidays.

Now, Ayala avenue lit up the streets once again for the holiday season. This time, the theme of the lights are the replicas of the selected Catholic churches in the country. Most of our churches have been established since the Spanish colonization and still hold masses.

What makes these churches unique is the way we celebrate simbang gabi is something special in the provinces unlike in the crowded city. Because of how commercialized our Christmas can be, we tend to forget the simpler way of celebrating the holidays.

Through the display of these churches, people may remember their hometowns during the yuletide season because most of us are from the provinces. Among these churches includes Manila's Binondo Church, the Paoay church which I got to see last holiday season and from my dad's province, the Lucban church.

Hopefully this street light display will reminds us of the true meaning of the holidays. Join me again as I feature the first Christmas lights display at the Ayala Triangle Gardens next week. Don't forget to like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment